PGM had been meeting throughout Lockdown with just 14 Members per week as per Covid Restrictions and we still had a fantastic time.
NOW … Poynton Golden Memories has returned in full force after Lockdown, which started with a celebration party on Wednesday 11th August 2021. More than 70 Members and Volunteers and a few guests joined us. We met old friends, made new friends, danced and sang to our House Band, laughed, made crafts and played games including our favourite BINGO. We had the full/normal 4 hours (11am-3pm). A few hiccups but everyone rallied round and Gerald and Mary encouraged all to sing before Jody from Cheshire Dance took over the light exercise/dance hour.
Special thanks to:
– All our Members, old and new, for making it such a wonderful day.
– Our faithful Volunteers serving refreshments and all the other work you do.
– Diane and Angela, Ambiance Care, for raising money to buy our new tea/coffee tables.
– Jody, Cheshire Dance for leading the exercise session with your usual fun and energy.
– Our tasty lunch prepared by Peter of Reflections.
– Poynton Town Council for setting up the room and not complaining about the noise.
To our lovely regulars – SEE YOU NEXT TIME and to …
… New members – give us a try, no need to book, just turn up. The only criteria is that you or your loved one has dementia. If you wish to speak to one of us first go to our Contact Us Page and give us a call.